Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I want to stop updates to Word 2016 for Mac. I did not know…

Customer Question
I want to stop...

I want to stop updates to Word 2016 for Mac. I did not know how o quarantine it. I have removed it from my computer. So I no longer have it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

About a month ago. I do not have a precise date.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I tried to sue Wod 316 for the Mac and found into be a disaster. I am a heavy suer, with 29,000 word documents over the years. And it would make my work vastly more difficult, really, impossible le.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

So I removed the app, fearing it would contaminate Word 2011. I don't have it, though I bought it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Once Word 2016 is open with a document, choose "Check for updates" from the Help menu on the top menu bar, then change the setting to "Manually check" and close the window. See my screenshot attached.

Please let me how it works. Thanks.