Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My Mac laptop switched itself off. When I restarted it the…

Customer Question
Hi My Mac laptop...

Hi My Mac laptop switched itself off. When I restarted it the word document I was working on opened as a 'recovered file'... which is great... but then I accident;y closed the window and can't find it again.

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your Mac crashed?

Just word and safari

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your Mac? (For Mac OS 10.70 and later, you can check storage through the Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> Storage. For earlier versions, you can do this through Finder.)

I have 815gb free

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's al

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/15/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Stop using ANY Office program NOW! Including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, just any Office program!

If it is already open, still there don't edit or save anything!

Because any further use of Office programs will create more temp / cache files which may highly likely delete any exsitng files where your content may be saved.

Please request Remote Assistance Services from the site, I will help you find the lost content from the temp files, if hopefully, they are still there. Thanks.