Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

In Windows 7, how do I access the list of file extensions? I…

Customer Question
In Windows 7, how...

In Windows 7, how do I access the list of file extensions?

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I need to change certain file extensions and need to access the list.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

The other day I accessed the list of file extensions but forgot the steps taken.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/14/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. It sounds like you may have been in the default program list.

Click Start and choose default programs on the right, next choose associate a file type or protocol with a program. This will show all extensions and allow you to make changes.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist