Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Thanks.. I accidentally set" as Final" for my MS Word

Customer Question
Hello. Thanks. I'm Poorna...

Hello. Thanks. I'm Poorna. I accidentally set "Mark as Final" for my MS Word document and am now unable to edit it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

I do'nt know. May be a year ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

Typing documents, research papers etc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing in particular

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/12/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 7 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

you can unmark to edit it.

to do this goto the file tab, and click info section from the options on the left. click the proctect document button, and select mark as final which willl unmark it

HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

did this work?