Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am now using word for mac 2011. I am using chinese input,

Customer Question
Hi I am now...

Hi I am now using word for mac 2011. I am using chinese input, which it was working before, but now when i typed in chinese input the associate word came up with the same sets of words, don't know what happened. I worked before but not anymore all of the sudden ??

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

How can I check when did I last updated? I forgot, I think it's years ago. But when I check my updates , it didn't say I have to update word tho.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That's my only question . thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/11/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
> when i typed in chinese input the associate word came up with the same sets of words
Did you try using any other program such as Text Edit or Notes? The same issue?BTW, do you mean "assocsited word" is 词组?
Or, do you mean 联想词? Can you please upload a screenshot telling the issue or what exactly you want to do? Thanks.
I mean 联想词
Note doesn't have that issue, it happens only in microsoft office software .
Whatever words I typed, the same sets of 联想词 came up.
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 a...pngScreen...pngScreen Shot 2017-12-11 a...pngScreen...pngScreen Shot 2017-12-11 a...pngScreen...pngScreen Shot 2017-12-11 a...pngScreen...png

Got it. The input cache should be cleared. Let me check the settings. Wont be long.

Okay, the most easy to reset it the Chinese input method, is to remove it then re-add it again. Please go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources > Your Chinese input method, then press "-" to delete. Then add it again the same way.

Try it yourself, if you can make it, I may help you do it via a remote session. Thanks.

I actually tried it before I asked the question , but it didn't help ...
What's the version of your macOS or OSX please?

Therefore, a remote assistance session is really necessary now. As I got the same version of Office 2011 for Mac installed, I can compare the related Word settings for you as I got no such an issue at all. Please advise if you want to continue. Thanks.

bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant