Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My system was upgraded by accident. My problem is that the…

Customer Question
My system was upgraded...

My system was upgraded by accident. My problem is that the password ***** I had for my "guest' password ***** not work . My regular password ***** ***** but i do not want to give it out to family. How can I get into my second account

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I am an 83 year old woman--I had trouble when I accepted an upgrade to my computer. It is fine now and I can get in with my regular password ***** I keep a "guest" so that family can use computer without accessing my information. I cannot get old password ***** work.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

I am unsure if I understand.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Just wrote. I have installed recent update. Unsure of name without shutting down to access

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I think it could be 'something' Sierra. A person had to help me to get it set up straight

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/9/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Please do this from your own account now:

First, click on the Apple menu at the top-left corner and then choose System Preferences.

Next, click Users & Groups.

Next, click on the lock icon at the bottom and then enter your admin name and password ***** prompted.

Next, select the Guest account on the left side. At the right, click the Reset Password ***** then follow the onscreen instructions to create a new password. This should do it.

Do keep me posted. If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise if your issue is resolved, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,