Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have received two notices that someone has possibly hacked…

Customer Question
I have received two...

I have received two notices that someone has possibly hacked into my Microsoft account and it is asking me to recover my account by signing in. Is this legitimate or a scam?

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Microsoft 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Today is the second one I received in three days. The first one I deleted and this one I still have and have done nothing. The first one said someone from Mongolia was trying to access my acc. or may have accessed it .This one says that someone may have access to it.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

What do you mean by application?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I get auto updates and I believe there was an update as late as last week

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/9/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

That email is likely not a scam. It is not a security risk to just sign in to your Microsoft account.

You can do that here: https://account.live.com

Go into your security settings and change your password ***** extra security.

Let me know the result please.