Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I can not open my WORD program. Message says that there was…

Customer Question
I can not open...

I can not open my WORD program. Message says that there was a problem, that Microsoft closed and that they will attempt to get things up and running. It's possible, however, that I will lose what I'd been working on. (The problem has going for several days now and the program remains closed. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Word?

Probably about a week ago. I hadn't used WORD in a while. Thank you for being so prompt.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I don't think so. Messages come in about updates, but I had forgotten my Microsoft password ***** couldn't do the updates. (Think I have it now.)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you. I have very limited skills with programs and computers. I would like to use WORD in preparation for correspondance.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/7/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you

Can you tell me please the version of word you are using?

And is it on a windows or mac computer and which version?