Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I some how got I cloud drive turned on and now my word

Customer Question
I some how got...

I some how got I cloud drive turned on and now my word documents go to one drive and I can't find them. I have a new MacBook Air and I really don't know how to use it very well.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Word documents

Technician's Assistant: If you open your Word document and go to File -> Revert To, do you get the option to "Browse All Versions"?

I can't find a go to file option

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No...I am totally lost

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/6/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 6 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Are the documents no longer located on your local hard drive?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

This is a Mac book Air that has word on it. The problem some how relates to the I cloud and One Drive
I do not want to remotely connect
I must go to work. Please end my free trial

Okay, I will close this task.

Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Okay, here is the answer. Please review.

Both online storages should be searched, make sure no chance to miss any related files.

For iCloud

First check this article to make sure your local iCloud Drive folder is fully synced. Then as shown in the attached screenshot, choose iCloud Drive from the left pane of Finder, then search the given documents using the Search field of Finder, just as what you do to search other files locally.

For OneDrive

The very first thing is to install OneDrive app from App Store. It is not built-in like iCloud Drive.

Similarly, when searching for a given file, first check OneDrive status from the menu bar (as shown in the 2nd screenshot), make sure the OneDrive folder is fully synced. Then do the exact same thing for searching iCloud drive, as shown in 3rd screenshot: choose OneDrive from the left pane of Finder, then search the given documents using the Search field of Finder, just as what you do to search other files locally.