Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a Microsoft Office XP Version 2002 disc with the

Customer Question
I have a Microsoft...

I have a Microsoft Office XP Version 2002 disc with the product key. What are the instructions to wipe out the exsisting progams and insert the CD in the drive to install the 2002 version?

Technician's Assistant: Which Microsoft product do you have?

Microsoft Office XP version 2002

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Microsoft software?

NOTHING! I've lost internet connection.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/6/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Which version of windows are you currently using and what version of office is currently installed on the computer?

I need to get off my laptop and get on the desk top, Microsoft XP

So you want to uninstall it from your laptop and install it on your desktop?

How can you securely connect to my desk top if /I can not get on the internet?

I can't , that message is sent by the website and not me so you can just ignore it. Now do you want to uninstall it from your laptop and install it on your desktop?

NO I DO NOT NEED MY LAPTOP TOUCHED IN ANY WAY

I am not wanting to touch your laptop, I am just trying to understand what you need help with. As I said the remote support offer is automated so just ignore that.

Please explain in the most detail you can what you are trying to accomplish today and how I can help.

Somehow I can not access the internet on the desktop and the microsoft XP program will not work. I have a XP 2002 CD and if I could figure out how to install the CD on the desktop and get the internet working

How did your desktop used to access the internet, was it connected with a wire or wireless? Also when was the last time you were online with it?

With a wire, the desktop is too old to have wireless connection. Last time I could access internet was over a year ago after my wife, who is basically computer illiterate screwed everything up.

Go to the desktop and do the following. Press the windows key on the keyboard (looks like a flag) and the R button at the same time to open a run box. Next in the run box type CMD and press enter. Once in command prompt type ping 8.8.8.8 and press enter, let me know the results

I need to get the startup screen back and change my mouse batteries. Can you wait a few minutes?

yes

I preeed the Flag and R but do not get a run box

I am sorry I am out of time for now. I am going to open your questions so another expert can assist. You do not need to wait here you will receive an email when someone replies.

Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Do you want to first reconnect your computer to the Internet so that I can remotely connect to the computer and fix it?

Please, post a message here when you are ready to begin.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason