Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a Mac with Microsoft Word. I have somehow changed my…

Customer Question
I have a Mac...

I have a Mac with Microsoft Word. I have somehow changed my directory in word so that when I try to open my documents files I only get one file, not my folders. As I have hundreds of files organized in folders, I need to get back to the directory of my folders. All I see when I hit the drop down for OPEN under Documents is my Document User Data folder. Where is my directory of folders?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Word?

I can open word and I can access the files in my recent openings. So I know the files are there, I just cannot get the directory listing of folders. This just happened last weekend and I cannot seem to get back to the old screen so that when you hit OPEN you get a list of your folders

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Unfortunately yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/5/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks