Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do you set up mandatory file path/file name saving for…

Customer Question
How do you set...

How do you set up mandatory file path/file name saving for all documents created within company network

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

Office 2016, Office 2010 I need it to be 'required' you cannot close the document until the footer has the: File Path/File Name in the Footer.

Technician's Assistant: Is your file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No, it is saved to our company network -

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No ma

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/5/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 7 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

so its my undrstanding that you want to have the filename automatically added to the footer of the sheet?

The FilePath and the File Name - required; mandatory before the document can be closed/saved/printed.

this can only be acheived with a macro. I can write such a code for an additional fee.

of course it cant have a file name before it is saved.