Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a critical question about how to recover an unsaved…

Customer Question
I have a critical...

I have a critical question about how to recover an unsaved document...Microsoft 2007...

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

I have read and researched for over an hour.

Technician's Assistant: Is your file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

My thesis autosaved around 8pm on December 4, 2017; but I typed and worked on it for at least 3 additional hours...that is the bulk of the material that did not save when Microsoft said there was an Error.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
The thesis is not on this computer to securely connect...
12/5/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

1. Go to the Windows Start Menu using the Windows key on your keyboard.
  2. Click on File Explorer.
  3. Choose This PC in the left-hand menu.
  4. Type .asd into the search bar.
  5. Hit Enter on your keyboard.

Your computer will bring up your missing file in the search results. Click on the file and when it opens in Word, save it as usual

Where is the File Exporer option?

What operating system do you use on that pc?

We have tried the .asd
The document is not on this computer. It is on my roommate's device. I am just trying to help.
Is it an additional $39 or $39 total?
Windows 7 Professional. 2009

Please ignore the popup for secure remote

Can you please check if the auto recovery feature was turned on?

https://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-Autosave-on-Microsoft-Word-2007

It is checked for every 1 minute

Ok please check the "AutoRecover file location" path and browse to that location to see if there's anything in there?

when i click "browse" next to the autorecover file location bar, it pulls up a modifiy location window and in the bar it says "AppData- Roaming-Microsoft- Word"-- then under there is one lone folder that says "STARTUP" from 7/22/2013- when I doulbe click on it, this folder is empty :o(
I wish you could just connect to my device but this isn't the computer with the problem- it's a different laptop

Do you have internet on that laptop now?

Ok let us install TeamViewer and I will connect

let me get the correct address for you now.

OK

Go to this address

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/previous-versions/

And download Teamviewer QuickSupport

Ones downloaded please open TeamViewer and provide me with the ID and password ***** the screen.

Okay, it's installing now

Ok

ID: 360(###) ###-####
Do you have the partner ID?

Sorry you downloaded the wrong version

I need Teamviewer 12

How do I get to that? This says 13

Go to this address

You will see under Windows (v12.0.88438) you can download TeamViewer Quicksupport

K- doing it

Or if you open the page you can go to the bottom right-hand side and click on "See previous versions"

ID: 360(###) ###-####
It's the number 7 document- the paper is called "An Examination of Reinforcer Choice"
but over 6 pages of it are missing
that bizarre recovered word pad document had part of the missing paper in it
You can close all documents- I've saved everything on to my external hard drive
these work laptops are USELESS-- the funny irony is that we're getting new ones in 2 days...
Hi, I am Jenn--I can probably just let you go from this server and work from the problem site.

Hi

Yes that's fine