Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

How do I delete mysterious horizontal lines that appear for…

Customer Question
How do I delete...

How do I delete mysterious horizontal lines that appear for no apparent reason in MS Word documents. I can move them by using "Borders & Shading," but not delete them.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

10.10.5: Yosemite

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far to uninstall your Reason?

Used Borders and Shading, which moves the lines around, but doesn't delete them

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist replied 8 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Do they appear in all documents or just a few?

Few

Can you send me one document so i can see what is causing the lines to appear?

No. You should be able to answer this in principle. It's a well-onowqn defect in
MS Word. If you're really what I paid for, you already know how to fix it.
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Try this:To get rid of the line, put the cursor directly above it and select Borders and Shading from the Format menu. Click the None box and click OK. To prevent the automatic insertion of borders, select AutoCorrect Options from the Tools menu, click the AutoFormat As You Type tab, and uncheck Border lines.