Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am using an older version of Microsoft Outlook (2007

Customer Question
I am using an...

I am using an older version of Microsoft Outlook (2007 version). I was using this to get emails from my personal website (I set it up to get the email***@******.***). and I was getting those emails for a very long time, then all of a sudden, it quit drawing those emails, and I can only access the emails up to a certain date (2 months ago). How can I restore it to full functionality.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

No, only on my laptop (which I'm on currently)

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don't THINK so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

When was the last time that you had access to the now missing emails?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

the last time I had access to my emails was 7/31/2017

Which version of Windows are you using on the computer?

Windows 10, and I don't remember exactly when I upgraded, but it was while the upgrade from 8 was free.

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

that will be fine.

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 19
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

what do I do now? you disappeared.

I am sorry about that. I have been offline for 1/2 an hour. My Comcast Internet Connection is having issues.

So, at this point, you need to contact your email provider and ask to speak with a higher level technician. The last person you spoke with didn't sound like they knew what the issue was.

Please, report back to me after you have done so.

Thank you,

Jason

I talked to a tech support guy on the phone, and he solved in 3 minutes what the last 2 reps couldn't solve in 3 weeks. All I needed was a verification email, and my account was deactivated because I hadn't replied to it. He resent it to me, and I just verified it, so that SHOULD take care of the problem within a 1/2 an hour.

I am glad to hear that you got hold of someone that knew what they were doing. Thank you for the update.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

thank you for your help. I will be sure to rate your help highly. without your help, I probably would not have called them.

You are most welcome. Thank you.[

Jason Jones, Computer Technician