Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I wrote a recommendation on a word document, but now I

Customer Question
I wrote a recommendation...

I wrote a recommendation on a word document, but now I cannot open the document after submitting it to the organization that required it. How can I retrieve the information.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Have you rearranged your file folders recently?

It says the document path is incorrect. get a new name and try again. No I have not rearranged folders

Technician's Assistant: What does your screen look like when you try to open Word?

I get same message when I double click on word

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Please call me at(###) ###-####

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
It says; the document name or path is not valid, try one or more of the following. check the path to make sure it ws typed correctly. On the file menu, open. Search for the file using this dialog bo
12/1/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Can you right click the file and choose PROPERTIES and let me know the size of the document please

gladly only you should note that I can't even open the W wordwhere do I find Properties I am on a mac
we can securely connect, but I am writing from a different computer the one in trouble is different,***@******.***
can you switch before I let you securely connect

Can you open the file on a Windows PC? This PC? If so, I can definitely connect. If not, I'll open this up to another expert to help with

I can fix the file on a Windows PC if that works and then have you test it on the Mac

I don't have a PC Also did you see my note, the computer you want to see is not the one I am writing on,

Sure. Let me open this up to another Mac expert then. One moment!

within 24 hours is not satisfactory, if you can't do it now, let's cancel the trial subscription