Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need password for microsoft. Laptop. Hp 15-1233wm. I just…

Customer Question
I need password *****...

I need password ***** microsoft

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Hp 15-1233wm

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I just got this a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you thanks for help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/29/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: GeekGal, Microsoft Office Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Microsoft Office Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. When you are at the password ***** to logon to your computer, do you see just a name or do you see an email address above the password *****?

I see my name then password ***** name

If it's an email address that you see, you can reset your password ***** clicking on the link below:

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Click " I FORGOT MY PASSWORD" then click NEXT. Enter the email address that you see above the password ***** on the login screen. Type the CAPTCHA characters that you see on the screen, then click Next. Leave this window open and check your email for a code from Microsoft. Enter the code on the computer screen that you left open. Click NEXT then enter your new password ***** Please give this a try and let me know the results.

I'm sorry. I just saw your response. Since you set up your computer with a local account rather than a Microsoft account that method won't work for you. Your best option would be to reset the computer to HP Factory Defaults and set it up again, this time creating a Microsoft account so you can easily reset it. Would you like instructions for doing that?