Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

We have a new Microsoft Office 365 Home Subscription

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new Microsoft Office 365 Home Subscription purchased at Costco in July 2017. My husband's laptop is the initial download of these programs (2x due to repairs made by Toshiba to the computer). He has loaded the new 365 on my Lenovo laptop and thought he loaded it on my Lenovo desktop computer. In fact we were told, since we had a copy of Office on the desktop that was due to expire in September, loading the new copy would allow service to continue under the new subscription when the current subscription expired.

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

My operating system is Windows 10. At present, my computer indicates "Subscription Expired Most of the features of Outlook have been disabled" also Word and Excel are disabled. I have 3 key cards which my husband clipped together without labeling them as new or current. Do I need to enter the key numbers or should I type them in and you decide what is current?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm 75 years old and feel very incompetent about Microsoft program management.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/27/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What options is it giving you when it shows this message?

Please let me know

I have no options other than reactivate. My Outlook was frozen with the last e-mail entry in October. Today I can see my e-mails up to this mornings but cannot send e-mail.
So how would I reactivate or activate the new subscription?

Ok, when it tells you to reactivate it will be asking for a product code or your account information.

Can you please enter one of these into it