Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am editing a word doc and no longer can highlight text and…

Customer Question
Hi, I am editing...

Hi, I am editing a word doc and no longer can highlight text and drag to a new position. Did I unintentionally disable something?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Oh dear. How do I find out?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update your Word?

I can't recall.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it. Many thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/26/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 7 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

goto file

then options

then advanced

then check box "allow text to be dragged"

then click ok

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

*** REMEMBER TO APPLY BONUS, THIS IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED AS IT IS HOW I MAKE A LIVING ***

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/s

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.