Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

What is ? Word 2010. Recently. I am stumped because I…

Customer Question
What is <Tx>? Technician's...

What is <Tx>?

Technician's Assistant: What application are you using?

Word 2010

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Word?

Recently

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

I am stumped because I don't understand <Tx> highlighted in green.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/24/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 8 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

can you send an example?

<Tx> written in those brackets sounds like html code to me. But I would need to see a screen shot or example document to be sure

screen shot might work

I dee on a document sent to me <CN> . . . </CN>, <CT> . . . </CT>, <CAu> . . . <CAu>
Are these part of Word, or private codes generated
Can I send you this document as an e-mail attachment? What is your e-mail address?

but it may take a while to get to me

instead you can just upload it here. using the paperclip icon

honestly that looks like html to me

its a language that websites use to display information. Or the document may have been copied from an email which sometimes includes html codes

it may also have been an xml document as I don't recognize those as typical html tags

xml looks similar to html but uses different tag names

never heard back from you or got file

do you just want to do a remote session and let me fix it for you on your computer?