Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

ON WORKSHEETS tHE HEADINGS OF FUNCTIONS ACROSS THE TOP OF…

Customer Question
ON WORKSHEETS tHE HEADINGS...

ON WORKSHEETS tHE HEADINGS OF FUNCTIONS ACROSS THE TOP OF WORKSHEET ARE NO LONGER VISIBLE. pLEASE ADVISE

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

PURCHASED 3 MONTHS AGO.HAVE USED THE QUESTION IN EXCEL AND IN WINDOWS.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/21/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What version or 'year' of Excel is it please? Excel 2016, or Excel 2013, or some other year?

And, where do you usually see the 'headings of functions', please? here perhaps:

You may perhaps need to do either of these two things:

1: click the View tab,

and then select or activate the Formula Bar checkbox.

2: or perhaps, to see more, press CONTROL+SHIFT+U (all three keys at once).

the view tab is one of those that is missing. I will try the alternative solution

OK... if that doesn't work either, let me know what 'year' your Excel program is, and I will advise you further as to what to do.

no luck with alternative solution.

Let me know what 'year' your Excel program is, and I will advise you further as to what to do.

how di i determine the version?
correction: how do I determine the version?
Raymond, are you there?

Go to HELP

then to About Microsoft Excel

and the version/year will be shown there.

I don't have a help tab in the excel the program.

OK. When you click on an icon or menu entry to start Excel, what exactly does that icon or menu entry say, please?

version is 2016

Thank you... just a minute or two or three, please...

Try this:

click on

File

then on Options

then on Advanced,

and under "Display" options for this workbook, and make sure the "Show sheet tabs" checkbox is selected.

Then look for the View tab, and use that to bring the Formula Bar checkbox into view, and select the Formula Bar checkbox.

Nothing happened.

Has the View tab appeared? if not, close all Excel windows. Go to

Disk Cleanup

and delete Temporary Internet Files

and Temporary Files (which are different)

and complete that process, before

opening Excel again, and seeing if the View tab has now appeared, or perhaps the problem with the Formula bar / view not being there, has corrected itself.

Lets forget it. Nothing is working.
I need to run to the pharmacy.

OK. I can still help you when you are ready to resume this case... That can be tomorrow if needed.