Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have installed a new office 2016. Every time I open my…

Hi, I have installed...

Hi, I have installed a new office 2016. Every time I open my outlook or word, excel etc. I have to activate it with the product key. How do I set it up that I don't have to do this everytime?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?

Acer Aspire E 15 Office Home & Business 2016

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Acer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

11/21/2017
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

By default you should only need to do this once.

Is it accepting your credentials when you initially activate it?

Please let me know

Everytime I enter the key, it goes to the "start using ... now" and I can work in the program. But when I close the program and go back I need to re enter it
How much is this going to cost me at the end? I cannot just pay x amount for every next step?

It is a one off fee, which was shown when you made the question (I cannot see how much you paid)

Which version of windows are you using?

Windows 10

Thank you

Can you close all programs, click start, type in control and click on control panel.

Then go to programs, uninstall a program

Click on office, change, then choose online repair

Let this complete, then open it, activate it again and then close and tell me if it then opens correctly please.

Thank you

Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you. It is working now.
Have a great day.