Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am using MS Word 2010. I need help setting up a template…

Customer Question
I am using MS...

I am using MS Word 2010. I need help setting up a template for a legal pleading with 26 numbered lines per page and a vertical double line between the numbers and the main body of the text.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

I'm trying to fiigure it out. It's a Dell laptop. I'm trying to get the specifics.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I purchased my Dell new about 3 years ago. I have not tried troubleshooting yet. I just need to set up a template for a legal pleading.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Just give me a minute to get the specifics on my laptop.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/21/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. What are the margins required?
  2. What is the paper size?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Paper is 8.5 X 11 inches. Margins are 1" on the left and 1" on the right. Numbering should start 1" from top. Bottom margin also 1". The double-spaced legal numbering is to the left of the double vertical line. The text is also double spaced and to the right of the vertical double line.
I don't think I need you to do a remote connect. I just want to create a template for a legal pleading.
My laptop is working just fine.
Are you there, Jess?
Hello! Jess? Where are you?
Is anyone there? I need help! Where are you?
Jess, do you know how to set up a legal template in Word as described?

I am still here and I am very sorry for the late reply. I was having difficulty posting a reply and I needed to contact the site moderators to help me back into our chat page.

Do you still need help with this problem?

I do need help. I cannot figure out how to make this legal pleading paper template. Can you help me?
If you can't help me, I would appreciate a refund of my money. Thank you.

Thank you for writing back. Yes, I can help you with this problem. Please use the link below to download the template file I created for you:

http://filesxpress.com/d-13abdf08

This template should work in MS Word, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

I am pleased to have finally gotten the legal template I requested. Unfortunately, it came a day too late to help me with my situation. I was mostly upset because Jess M. disappeared and failed to respond to my multiple inquiries on chat. He would have gotten another star or maybe two had he just communicated with me. Whether it was his fault or someone else's, Jess is still the person that I am upset with for failing to respond and for taking so long to provide me the help I requested. I see that my account has been charged for something that is now useless to me. because it came too late.
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago

I am very sorry about your disappointment. I know nothing can change how you feel about my service but at least I want to let you know what happened and how this site works.

I am from another country so the time shown to me is MY TIME, which you will see on the screen shots I provide. When you replied to me, our site supposed to notify my and my browser should show a notification box. But I did not see that pop up notification so I did not see your replies. Please look at the time stamps of our chat:

http://filesxpress.com/d-8626698d

That showed that you replied to me after 4 minutes and by that time, our chat window was not open anymore and I was relying to the pop up notification which did not work.

As a result, you kicked me out of the question page so I was NOT able to reply. See the next screenshot:

http://filesxpress.com/d-2c08374b

On that screen, you will see that you kicked me out 12:55PM and so I needed to contact site moderators to allow me to post a reply. That happened 1:38PM which means 44 minutes after you kicked me out. That is the reason why I was not able to reply after you kicked me out and I needed to wait for 44 minutes. Two minutes later I posted a reply asking you if you still need assistance. After 3 hours and 17 minutes you replied saying you still need help. I created the template for you and posted it for you 1 hour and 24 minutes later. It took that long since I only worked on it after you confirmed you still needed it.

Here is the summary of events showing in MY TIME zone:

November 21

12:37PM - you posted your question

12:41PM - I posted a reply with few inquiry requests

12:45PM - you posted a reply

12:46PM - you posted a reply

12:47PM - you posted a reply

12:48PM - you posted a reply

12:50PM - you posted a reply

12:52PM - you posted a reply

12:54PM - you posted a reply

12:55PM - you kicked me out -- means I cannot reply to you anymore

Then I asked the moderator to opt me back IN.

1:38PM - I am opted back IN

1:40PM - I asked if you still needed help

4:57PM - You said you still need help

4:58PM - You said you would appreciate a refund if I cannot help you.

6:22PM - I was done creating the template for you and posted the link for download.

November 23

9:06AM - Posted the file came too late

Nevertheless, we guarantee our service so you can get your money back. I am very sorry if I was not able to help.

Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you,

Jess