Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I currently have MSPublisher 2003 and am considering

updating it. Wil the latest...
I currently have MSPublisher 2003 and am considering updating it. Wil the latest version of Publisher be an improvement and usable say after 2017 or must it be up dated yearly and will it also be usable for my older pub files?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Publisher are you using?
Customer: I'm using a Dell D10s with MS Publisher 2003
JA: When did you purchase your Dell? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The Dell was purchased about 3 years ago and I have not tried any trouble shooting. I am trying to find out if I can use recent MS Publisher on my computer and will it be any better than what I currently am using, will I be able to use the newer version for longer than just a year
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Let's do this for starters.
11/20/2017
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Wow, I had no idea that I had connected with any one. I hope this is true! I'm the PC inept-user guy.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
There is no need to connect to my computer, I was searching for some advice. Please read my inquiry that I sent previously.

the new versions will run your old files. However the interface will have changed significantly, so weather it is considered an upgrade or not is a matter of personal opinion.

As far as purchasing a new copy every year, microsoft has a new subscription service called office365 where you basically pay a montly fee to use their software, and they also have several other purchasing options.

They also have a free trial

https://products.office.com/en-us/try

this will give you a chance to see if you even like the new interface, and how you can work with your old documents. This in my opinon is your best option as you will always be able upgrade when the trial expires.

It is however reccomended that you uninstall any previous versions of office before installing the new version, as it would not upgrade but instead you would have 2 side by side versions that would run simultaneously, and that would get very confusing, plus some features might not work well or be compatible this way. THis process will not remove your documents only the software

by the way you can ignore the automated popups that the site sends, I have no control over that, it is just something they do.

WHen you have a moment please find the links on this page for rating my service as this is the only way I am reimbursed for my time, they may have stars to click or links, not sure.

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks for your reply. I'll search elsewhere. I don't make an income anymore.
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager