Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Word for iPad:how can I restore a file deleted by mistake.

Customer Question
Word for iPad:how can...

Word for iPad:how can I restore a file deleted by mistake

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

IPad Air 2. I don’t know the WOrd version

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Abou 5 years ago, I read I could use iTunes. The instructions asked me to change the settings in iTune. It’s not obvious to how to access the settings in an iPad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/18/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 8 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

On the iPad in word once it is deleted it is gone. I am sorry for your loss.

I tried Restore but I have no control on the date. It restored the latest file. The one where I discovered the problem.
 replied 8 months ago

Is that the one you needed?

No. The one i need is the one I closed yesterday
 replied 8 months ago

Is there a trash or anything inside of word?

I don't know
 replied 8 months ago

If there is not a way to see trash or recently deleted it is likely gone.