Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have Microsoft Office Word 2007. I have formatting

Customer Question
I have Microsoft Office...

I have Microsoft Office Word 2007.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

I have formatting problems. I get gaps with I can not get rid of. What can be done to remove them?

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't know when I bought my computer, but it was long ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried every fofmating trick I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 8 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

when you say gaps what do you mean by that? Can you send a screen shot

I will send you the document
I would rather not have anyone have access to my computer, if I can avoid it.

you should be able to avoid it

still not sure what you mean by gaps.

The good thing about WordPrefict was that there was a way to find the formatting codes and get rid of the troublesome ones.

you can view formatting marks in word.

but I am still not sure what you mean by gaps

On my copy there are large gaps of space, some as large as 3/4 of a page that I can't get rid of.
You don't see that?
It is a large block of space as though there is a page brake inserted, except it doesn't brake at the page.
There is no way to write anything in the space or even get the cursor to go into the space. Efforts to fix it can sometimes resolve the problem, but the space then reappears somewhere else in the document.
Tell me how to find and edit the formatting codes in MSWord, and may be I can fix this.
Are you there?

um can you give me a specific example of a page where this exists, like between your form on the cover page page 1, and then your text starts on page 2?

Page one only has the caption of the case, ending in a long horizontal line. The rest of page one is blank.
Page 2 states with the words: "The above entitled ....
Page 4 only has three lines, a chart with names and birth dates of the children and then a lien for each child, the rest of my page 4 is blank.

i assume the space for the rest of page 1 after the table was intentional are you saying it is not and you want the paragraph on page 2 to start imediately after the table.

The same for the page with only three lines. I don't want the gaps. I want the next words to start on the next line.
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Can I ask you to upload a screenshot to better explain the issue you have please? Thanks.