Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

In previous versions of Excel, I have been able to let say…

Customer Question
Hello, in previous versions...

Hello, in previous versions of Excel, I have been able to let say for instance

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?

I want to be able to use drag-and-drop to have Excel automatically fill the lower cells in increments.For example I enter:
1
2When I drag the fill handle I want to get:
1
2
3
4
5What I get:
1
2
2
2
2

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

My appologies, I never realized that the chat has already went through. I am using windows 10 with Excel 2016 This function is something that I have been able to work on previous versions of Excel.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Let me re-write this in a text editor and re-submit so that it makes more sense. This box is so small I'm having trouble entering it properly.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
1
2When I highlight 1 and 2 plus drag the fill handle I want to get:
1
2
3
4
5What I get:
1
2
2
2
2I am using Excel 2016 on Windows 10. I have been able to make this work on other versions of Excel.
11/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 5 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

when you are dragging make sure you have both cells selected or hilighted, to do this press the shift key and click the 1st cell then the 2nd cell, then once both are higlighted then do the drag fill

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIME

IT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTION

TO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN

Do not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

That does not work. I already mentioned in my question that I had both selected before dragging. Also does not seem to matter if the cells are formatted as general or number.
I would allow you to remote connect, but not at a cost of $52 for something so simple.

i will connect remotely for an extra $20, less than 1/2 the price.

The amount still says $52
It now says $27.

i submitted new offer, for $20, dont know what you see on your screen I am only a consultant, i would refer you back to the websites customer support for billing issues

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

did you still want help?

did you contact the site about the billing issue?

I am standing by to help you further, the directions I gave you are the proper procedure.

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager