Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have windows 10, i have 2013 word and I can not save any…

Customer Question
I have windows 10...

I have windows 10, i have 2013 word and I can not save any documents to my computer. Why?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

Hp envy 17 2013 WORD

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

2010 to 2013

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

My scan does not work in the same way it use to

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please what happens when you try to save a word document? What error do you get?

Please let me know

Thank you

One of two things. 1 after several moments it comes up Word not responding, or 2 it just has the hour glass showing and locks up.
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 7 months ago

ok, than do the following please

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me if it now functions correctly

Thank you