Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Have a question with spelling/grammar. HP Laptop

Customer Question
Have a question with...

Have a question with spelling/grammar.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

HP Laptop

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

What exactly is your question about spelling and grammar?

Hello. I have a question about spelling/grammar in Microsoft Word. I'm editing documents and I get double blue lines which obviously means its grammar related. However, I hate having to keep clicking ignore once for the same grammatical error for that term and it only gives me an IGNORE ONCE instead of an IGNORE ALL option. Is there any method I can do to fix that? Thanks.

Thank you for writing back with that information. What version of Word are you using? 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016?

Word 2016

OK. Please give me a moment.

Okay.

Thank you for patiently waiting. Based on your scenario, since the errors are "grammar" errors, the "Ignore All" option is NOT available. This Ignore All option is only appearing for spelling errors.

If you want, you have the option turn off grammar errors for your document. Is that what you want to do?

Well I don't want to turn off grammar errors cause I wanna check other grammatical errors as well. I just don't wanna have to keep hitting IGNORE ONCE for the same grammatical error

Thank you for writing back with that information. Unfortunately, IGNORE ALL option is only available for spelling errors. I believe the reason for this is because spelling errors are "fixed" or "definite" errors as compared to grammar wherein there are several ways or suggestions to correct them. I have tested it myself by intentionally creating wrong spelling for the same word and the software shows the Ignore All option. But doing so with the same grammatical errors, Ignore All is NOT an option.

I suggest that you use the Spelling and Grammar dialog box when you check your grammar and spelling errors so that you can easily implement the Ignore All for spelling and Ignore Once for all grammar errors. This dialog box can be accessed under Review => Proofing sub-group.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess