Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I want to create 3" X %" index cards on WORD 2008. MAC OS

Customer Question
I want to create 3"...
I want to create 3" X %" index cards on WORD 2008
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: MAC OS 10.13
JA: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I forget
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 26 days ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

Word has a built-in template for 3x5 cards that creates three 3x5 cards at one time. To access the template, go to the Tools > Labels, then click the Options button. Select Avery for vendor and choose the Avery 5388 index card for the type of label and click OK. This will enable you to print three 3x5 cards on an 8.5x11 sheet.

Please let me know if you have questions with any of the steps or need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Seems to be a solution. I will know for sure when I actually print this out, which I will have to do at a later date. Thanks

Ok, very good.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It doesn't work, sorry, but a second attempt and I couldn't move the cursor from a center line point on the index card/I give you a 3 star - since I don't know what is highest and what is lowest - the answer didn't help me so it is a 1.

Please don't provide a rating yet then, as there are other options. Just a moment...

So there is a manual way to make 3 x 5 cards one at a time using the page layout method in Word. Since it is easier to view, here is a link to a video on how to do it:

click here

So essentially do the following:

Click the Page Layout tab at the top of Word.

In the Page Setup group, select the Size drop down box and click on the 3 x 5 option or select the closest dimension to it and type in the 3 x 5 dimensions.

Please let me know if that provides what you need.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
There is no PAGE LAYOUT option on Word 2008. You did your best but it wasn't good enough. Sorry I am not going to waste more time with this.

Yes actually it is Layout rather than Page Layout by default. Then under Layout is where you find the rest of the options to change the size.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Not so, there is no LAYOUT - again I am using WORD 2008.

Sorry, you were right - for some reason I brought up 2011 not 2008. Here is the correct way to change the page size:

Click File then select Page Setup in that menu. Select the size you need in the Paper Size drop down or click Manage Custom Sizes to enter the 3 x 5 page size.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
WRONG again. when I click on custom, there it does not allow me to enter a size! I will not be responding to any future suggestions. Sorry for the trouble.

Strange as what I describe above is exactly how my Word 2008 works. I will open this question up in case another expert has additional ideas to assist you.

Best regards,

David.

Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 25 days ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Can you please simply upload a screenshot to better explain the issue that you are having? Thanks.
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant