Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I recently switched from PC to iMac.I wanted to use Word…

Customer Question
I recently switched from...

I recently switched from PC to iMac.I wanted to use Word instead of Pages so I downloaded an app from the Apple Apps store called Document writer which had a Word icon on it. I have been going crazy as I can save a file as a word file, but when I edit the file and try to save it, it is saved as a Pages file. The Apple helpline was not able to solve the issue by making Document writer the default program. It didn't work and now I can't even open any Word files. Would it be better to purchase Microsoft Office from you instead of using an app?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Apple?

It is MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.1 iMac

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A few weeks ago. I have had the Apple helpline look into it but three different tech people couldn

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I need Word as I had been writing a book.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/14/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 8 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

If you don't want me to remotely connect, that is okay too. Please, let me know how you wish to continue.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

You ARE from Microsoft, aren't you? I'm asking this because I got badly burned last year from someone who said they were from Microsoft but wasn't and they eventually got into my bank account and I had a terrible time because I had to cancel all my credit cards and stop activity on my account. All I want to know is whether or not I should purchase Microsoft Office and if it would work on the Mac.

I am familiar with the scam that you mentioned. We are not Microsoft. This website is Justanswer.com

Are you on the wrong website?

We support Microsoft and it's products.

I don't think so. I will go to the Apple store and purchase the program there. I don't want to give remote access to you.

We don't have to do it remotely. Do you want me to send in your refund request?

pleasr

I will do so now.