Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I DON'T RECALL MY LIC. # TO REACTIVATE MICROSOFT WORD 2016.

Customer Question
I DON'T RECALL MY...

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

VERSION 10 AND MY COMPUTER IS A DELL

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I believe updates are done automaticly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/12/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: John, Microsoft Office Specialist replied 8 months ago
John, Microsoft Office Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Did you purchase this Microsoft word 2016 online ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Please answer my above question so that i can help you better.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

When I bought the computer this year, a trial version was already installed. Also, I do not recall getting any notices that this subscription was running out.
Microsoft Office Technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Did you ever purchase the software? If your computer came with a trial version then you need to buy the actual version when it expires.

Im aware that I never purchased the software because I wasn't aware it was only a trial version until I no longer had access to it. Also, iam not aware of receiving a notice of expiration of this software. I want to reinstate the 2016 version 10 I had when the expiration occurred to have the use of the data I have on it.I don't have my original serial/product number, so your program won't let me reinstate and pay for Windows. SO THAT IS ALL i WANT TO DO IS REINSTATE AND PAY. HOW DO I DO THAT.

So, you would like to buy the software?

i want to reinstate the software that has my data on it and then pay for the reinstatement. Please re-read my previous message.

You cannot "reinstate" your software since you never owned the software; you had a trial version.

You need to pay for the software to install it.

I would like to pay for for the reinstatement of the trial version with my original data on it and also pay for it at the same time. How do i do that and yet also get my data back at the same time?

Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Do you have MS Office 2016 or 365 installed? (it is a group of Office programs like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
  2. Or do you have MS Word 2016 only? Please check if you also have MS Excel installed.
  3. Do you have an email account ending in @hotmail.com or @outlook.com or @live.com?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 8 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
What kind of Office data files do you have? Generally speaking, you data won't be deleted even your trial version is expired. Your data should be accessible from any other computer with genuine Office programs installed.