Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

When I try to save my excel files, I receive message of

When I try to...

When I try to save my excel files, I receive message of excel not responding. is there someway to have excel save my files successfully?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?

My computer is a Asus laptop V7 and I have Microsoft office 365 that updates regularly.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Just like this to be fixed

10/23/2017
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask which version of Windows you are running?

Also, when was the last time that you were able to save your Excel files?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Windows 10 that updates regularly. i end up having to repeatedly try to save my excel files in different folders before i am finally successfully and i did this earlier today. i have to do this over and over each time i use an excel file and try to save it.

Thank you for the update. It sounds like the culprit behind your issue is file & folder permissions. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

i do not see why i should pay for fixing something that i have subscribed to and have updated regularly through Microsoft Office 365.

I am sorry for the confusion. This is Justanswer.com. We are not Microsoft. Nobody works for free here. Did you make it to this website by accident?

i must have. can i just order the software for excel that does not update via the internet?

Do you wish for me to send in your refund request?

Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 36 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

I see that you are having problems connecting.

Let's try this another way.
Go to the following page: http://tinyurl.com/UltraViewerJason
- A file will be downloaded. Save that file and open it.
- After you run UltraViewer, it will give you an ID and Password. I need for you to give me the ID and Password ***** it shows you.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Keep in mind that you must keep the program running for me to connect. For this reason, please do not close it.

i cannot get this to work. the file does not open - that does not work either as i get no response to clicking on open

Did you try the other option that I sent 2 minutes ago?

Let's try this another way.

i have tried both of your options and get no response

When you click the 2nd link, it will just download a file automatically. So you have to go to your Downloads and run the UltraViewer application. Were you able to do that?

i go to downloads and neither file is listed there. when i go to ultra viewer, i cannot open it after saving it.

Why can you not open it it?

the file is listed and i get a notice to allow it when i click open but nothing happens.

Okay. Did it open behind another window?

i checked and cannot find it behind another window. the ultraviewer opens and says click on downloads but the two files i tried to download do not show anywhere.

Please, click the following link: http://tinyurl.com/y8hw6wpn

When you click the link, a file will download. Please, run that file. At the end, run the program from the start menu and give me the ID & Password ***** shows you.

Thank you.

i tried the third option with no response. i have WebRoot and AV for virus protectors. Could they be interfering with these files?

That is very possible. What does it mean when you say you have no response? After you click the file, it will download a file. Please, look in your downloads list. Do you see something that begins with "Elsinore..."?

i found the file Elsinore_screenConn on my computer and i just get a blank screen in notepad when i open it

Open the file that is an executable. The executable will end in ".EXE".

Click this link again: http://tinyurl.com/y8hw6wpn

- After you do that, the file will download again.

i tried opening all the Elsinore files ending in exe and i get a blank screen in notepad or ultraviewer that will not open any downloads - i end up going in circles over the same procedures that haven't worked

That means your computer is configured to open EXE files with Notepad. I don't understand how you would be able to open any application on the computer whatsoever.

other applications open just fine. i do not understand it either.

So all other exe files run. But mine do not.

Which version of Windows are you using?

it is windows 10 that i update automatically.

Which browser are you using?

Microsoft edge

Please, restart the computer and try running the remote again.

ok

Thank you

Please, do not create a duplicate task. Stay on this page.

internet explorer stopped working
how do i get back to you if i close the program?

You got back to me. That is how you get back.

You created another duplicate task. Please, stop doing that. You can access this open task by clicking the "My Questions" link on the top of the page.

i did not see that. Sorry.

Thank you.

Click this link: http://tinyurl.com/y8hw6wpn

- Run the file on the top of the download list that begins with Elsinore....

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com