Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a power point 2016 issue. HP elitebook. I saved over…

Customer Question
I have a power...

I have a power point 2016 issue

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

HP elitebook

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I saved over a file and need to recover a previous version

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Hello. I saved over a file in power point 2016. I am not using One Drive. Is there anyway to get the file back
10/20/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Roberto, Office 365 Ambassador replied 7 months ago
Roberto
Roberto, Office 365 Ambassador

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be doing my best to answer your question. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Could you please tell me what is happening with your PowerPoint program? If possible, explain exactly you were trying to do and send any screenshots that capture the error messages.

Thanks!

I was working with a power point presentation that had 87 slides. I deleted several and then by accident saved to the same filename. Now I only have 16 slides. Can you help me to restore a previous version of a power point 2016 file?
Not at this time. Is there ANY way to get this file back?
I have tried everything to restore a previous version and nothing works. I am wondering if there is a way to go back and get the previous version.
Hello is anyone there? Can you please help me?
I have lost a file. Is there any way to get the file back? Can you help me? Power point 2016
Is anyone there?
Hello Can you help with power point
How do I get somebody to help me?

Are you still needing assistance with your PowerPoint question?

I need help

If you could, please explain exactly you were trying to do and send any screenshots that capture the error messages.

I saved over a power point file and want to recover an old version

Okay, there is a chance you can open a previous version of that file. If you are on a Windows computer, you can right click on the file and select 'Restore previous versions'. You can also, in the open PowerPoint file, select the File menu and the Info section, you will see a Version History of that file. You can select a previous version of the file. Below are some links that describe how to do this.

• https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17119/windows-7-recover-lost-deleted-files
  • https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2015/10/22/history-collaborate-with-confidence/

​Please let me know if this helps.

Roberto
Roberto
Roberto, Office 365 Ambassador