Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I want to insert a text box in a document so it will stand

Customer Question
out i.e. border, background color...
I want to insert a text box in a document so it will stand out i.e. border, background color, etc. How do I do that?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Mac pro
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/20/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

Yes, this is possible. I will explain....(typing one moment)

In Microsoft word for mac you can add a border box around the text by doing the following:

1. Select "highlight" the text that you would like to make a border around.
  2. Then once you have the words selected, click the border icon which is located under the HOME tab up at the top of the screen where all the tools are. See pic attached for the border icon
  3. Then choose the "outside borders" option. See pic attached for the border icon
  4. This will place a black border by default but then you can put more style
  5. To add more "style" go back to the border icon where you just were you chose "outside border" but at the very bottom of the list choose "Border and Shading". See pic Borders and Shading
  6. Then click ok and you will see the border box around the text.
  7. You can keep trying different options by continuing to play with these settings.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist