Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I'm trying to access my Microsoft account but I am in some…

I'm trying to access...

I'm trying to access my Microsoft account but I am in some sort of crazy loop. I get screens asking about email accounts that I no longer have, can't access to delete because they're supposedly "non-existent" and round and round I go. Get a code for Microsoft and it's four-digit...enter it and get a "nope, you need a fIve-digit code" message.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

Outlook, on Microsoft Office 2010. [I'm a 79-year-old self-taught low-knowledge gal!]

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my pc, through Outlook, OR synched with my Apple 6s iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I just "asked Cortana" and found you.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I just want to (1) be able to access, easily, a Microsoft account, primarily to download free desktop wallpaper themes or the occasional free app. Seems to me that my best option at this point would be to be able to delete any "reference" to any EXISTING Microsoft in my email accounts and (2) learn how to delete email accounts that don't exist any longer that my existing Microsoft account seems to think I have!

10/19/2017
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager
For months. I just never have the time to try to solve it!

Are you using Windows or mac?

Windows 10
I’m responding to you on my iPhone. I want my desktop PC fixed since THAT’S where I want to download stuff from my Microsoft account.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

Please install the software on your pc not phone

Installed. ID is 214 436 215 and password ***** *****

OK connected.

To allow me to screenshare go here and run the screen connect program.. http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=51afda2c-3221-4476-994f-aaf14640017d

Hello?

What’s the full url?

Just click on it and it will take you there

Ok..I’m on justanswer.com/remote and see an oops! 404 seems you’ve accessed an invalid link message, along with an email block to ask an email question. ???

Don't copy it. Just click on the link directly and it will take you there.

CLICK HERE

You’ve lost me. How do I get to the correct url on my pc, not my phone. I clicked and got a site...clicked on “I agree” to terms and was then sent to something I don’t understand... a page with an icon I’m not familiar with and, underneath, “more”

That's it exactly.

Accept the agreement by clicking on I agree

Do you see an option to download somthing after you agree?

On my phone, I clicked on I Agree and then went to a screen with the unfamiliar icon...from what you’re saying, guessed it was about a file to download??? Although the word “download “ wasn’t mentioned...it then asked me if I wanted the file sent to another location and offered phone or iCloud and I chose iCloud, not knowing what I’m doing!

You need to do this on your computer.

Please do this on the computer.

How do I get you “transferred” from my phone to my pc? You’re dealing with a tech idiot at this end!!!!! On my PC, what do I click on to get me to where you want me to be...COMPLETE URL!
Your messages are coming to me ONLY on my phone, NOT in my pc’s email inbox.

Go to justanswer.com on your pc and sign in at the top right.

Let me know when you have done this..

I had to create an account so have done it.

That's no use.

It must be the account you're using on your phone

Can you email yourself the LINK and do it that way?

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I didn’t create an account on my phone??? What kind of link are you talking about???

You need to create an account to talk to me.

On your phone, copy this address: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=51afda2c-3221-4476-994f-aaf14640017d

Hold down the address and copy the full address

Send it to yourself in an email

Sign into your email on your PC

and then you will get the link

Got it! On my pc, I clicked on the link and got to the url I think you want me on. Options in upper right are ask a question...register...login..contact us. Which do you want me to choose?

Click login and use the email you used to create this question

Okay..now I’m at the screen that asks me what question I want to ask. While I was waiting, I DID type I Agree on the Join Your Secure Remote Assistant Session screen and have Elsinore.ScreenCo...exec waiting for me to — I guess? — download. Three instances of that file sitting on the bottom of the I Agree screen.

OK open any one of them