Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I believe i have a corrupted file. my word document was fine…

Customer Question
Hi, i believe i...

Hi, i believe i have a corrupted file. my word document was fine this morning, but when i closed it and reopened i just see thousands of tiny boxes. can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

Word 365, which i understand is now outdated. computer is an HP. not sue of model. other files open ok. just not this VERY important document.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, when i open a new document, i've lost the bar on top that displays fonte options, point size, paragraphs, etc. how do i get that back. i open a new word doc and it just says end of document and i can't create new writing.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 8 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Is this happening with any document you try to open? Or just one in particular?

Please let me know