Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have become infected with something. Help me get rid of…

Richard I have become infected...
Richard I have become infected with something. Help me get rid of it, hmyquickconverter.com.
Terri
10/15/2017
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

malwarebytes is usually the go to program to remove a virus that is already on the computer

you can download it for free on this page

IT IS THE GREEN BOX THAT SAYS NEWEST VERSION

the other boxes are advertisements

you want malwarebytes nothing else on this page

http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Thank you
Robert, I just got back to my computer and the malware is back. Terri

run the malwarebytes again

see if it finds the same thing.

if it does than something is putting it back

I can log in remotely and look at it for you. what are the symptoms ? Do you know what virus it is ?

I am sorry but I cannot do the remote. This comes up when I get on Firefox and this comes up in the address bar " hmyquickconverter.com. and my home page changes to Yahoo. I do not let it go to to address that comes up so I don't know where it goes but I am sure I don't want to go there.
I see the tab at the top is yahoo but is says Safebrowser. Is that really safe of is it just part of the bug.

Look on this page for the Firefox removal instructions

http://www.myantispyware.com/2017/06/07/how-to-remove-my-quick-converter-chrome-firefox-ie-edge/