Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am having issues with Microsoft outlook 2010 It originally…

Hi I am having issues with...
Hi
I am having issues with Microsoft outlook 2010It originally was going through a verifying data process which was taking about an hour or more every day until the emails opened. I googled the problem and it told me I had a damaged or broken File. I did a file repair on two broken files and am still having the issue after finally deleting the damaged files
I am now still having the same issue.
Can you tell me in simple terms if it’s possible for me to fix this problem or do I need a technician
10/12/2017
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

What is the exact message you get when it fails?

Please let me know

It says that it is verifying data and then goes through it showing a percentage rate which takes approximate 1 hour
No it’s not opening at all
It’s just going around and around with no response. If you connect direct with my computer then you are charging me extra. I have just paid $39 with no help
If you are going to keep charging me then perhaps it’s best to call a technician out.
I don’t get it. What did I just pay $39 for

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Which version of windows are you using?

Windows 10

ok, than do the following please

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me how outlook performs please

Thank you

Nothing is working

ok.. can you provide a little more details please on your last statement?

I type in cm d doesn’t even enter but it takes me to command prompt but then nothing

you need to wait after typing CMD, for command prompt to show

Ok just started to scan now

thanks

Richard, Software Specialist
The issue is still here. I let it run and through last night as I had to leave work. There was no message so please advise where I go to from here
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Thanks for requesting remote assistance service. Please advise your contact number for detailed discussion.
what contact number. I started this with Richard yesterday and it is not fixed. What contact do youvesbt
I am trying to work off my phone as my computer is now going through a scan that Richard suggested it do. I am having an issue with outlook the computer is working but emails are not opening as it’s gojng through a verifying data integrity which is taking approx two hours before the emails open
If possible, phone number please.
now what happens
Okay Calling

S discussed, here is the short link that you can type on the computer:

http://tinyurl.com/auwest13

please buzz me here then enter the above link on the computer once the scanning is finished. Thanks.

Sorry for the typo. "as discussed".
This is taking awfully long Should I just go to teamviewer for you to get access. It’s onky in 73% and then I need to eat it continue scanning
I need to get this fixed today it’s been taking up too much of my time
If you got TeamViewer installed and ready for remote access, please advise the ID. I will call you to get the password. Thanks.
Please just take remote control. I did all this yesterday and I need to get this repaired today

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

I can take control as I don't know your ID and password.

Okay downloading team viewer now
It is asking for your partners ID in order to control

please tell me your ID.,Thanks.

It is now scanning and repairing the drive
I will have to download ITV again. It never gave me an ID number. The link you sent me is advertising for a website. I’m getting very frustrated. Send me something for you to take control. The scan is still going and is now on 11%. It could take another hour

okay. please advise once finished, will give you the instructions over the phone. thanks.

It’s is still scanning repairing drive. It’s been on 11% for half an hour. This is taking too long.
I suggest I stop this and start again and give you remote control. I cannot afford to lose another days work
I went through this yesterday. Surely it repaired it yesterday when left it scanning through the night
Please send me a link to give you control I have stopped the scan
I have started outlook in date mode
Please email me the link. You need to take remote control.
Call me please. I need to give you remote access.
Outlook now starting in safe mode. It is still giving the sign verifying data integrity and then downloading.
Can you call me please
I have now requested you to contact me a number of times. I have not had any satisfaction from your service. I have requested you to call on(###) ###-####
I believe this website must be a scam. You have taken money twice from me now and not fixed my computer
I will need to report this
I am connecting to remote access niw
Can you call me now please
Emails have now opened up. Please send link to take remote control

Hello, just called your mobile twice...

Has the Compact operation finished?

I left it running when I left the office yesterday and when I went in this morning it was still compacting. Doesn’t sound correct to me but I will check again on Monday to see what’s happened. Perhaps there is an issue in those 2014 files

You did a right thing to keep it running instead of stopping it. Please be aware that you are compacting an Outlook data file in an extremely large size (it was close to the max limit of 50 GB).

If the compacting operation is still running on Monday, let it go.

You may use email web portal to access you email instead of using Outlook.

Good luck.

Hi Bing
It is still compacting. It’s not frozen as I can hear it doing something. Is it normal that it could still be compacting after 3 days. Can I still use my emails.

That's good and just let it continue working on it. It is normal as your Outlook data file is really really large, close to the limit.

I am afraid you can't access the email box at the same time. It is highly recommended to use web mail instead of using Outlook.

FYI - After this compacting operation, we may consider creating a new data file for 2017 emails instead of compacting the existing one. It may significantly speed up the process but needs extra effort in managing the files manually, please let me know if you want to do this.

If I connect again an I up for remote connect charges again.

Sorry for replying late. Are you asking if there is an extra charge for remote connection again?

if I give you remote access againfor the same issue do I have to connect with a $55 remote charge again
No, you will not be charged again for additional remote sessions against the same thing - fixing the issue by splitting the PST file into multiplie ones.But if you want to speed up the process, rather than compacting the current data file for days, by creating a new account and data file, it will need extra effort and additional charge for one more remote session.I am happy for any approach you choose, just let me know..
HI Bing
I am back in the office and it is still compacting.i will have to cancel as it’s now 3 days work that I am not able to attend to. I am happy to just delete the entire 2014 emails if that is easier. I cannot lose another day
As mentioned, deleting 2014 emails doesn't help to reeduce the file size, as Outlook doesn't actually remove the space for deleted messages. If you keep using the existing data file for 2017 emails, you have to compact the data file.Another approach is to stop using the existing data file, create a new email account and a new data file for 2017 emails, which will speed up the process significantly but it is a manual operation and need extra effort.
FYI - That's by design and that's the reason Why Microsoft designed a Compact function for PST files, hidden under its Advanced options for each PST file.
Richard, Software Specialist