Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Help I am taking three online courses to update my job

Customer Question
credentials in education. It is...
Help I am taking three online courses to update my job credentials in education. It is required to use 12 point font when doing the assignments. I have an XP Professiosnal Firefox browser, and an HP Photosmart 6520. The only problem I have at this point is that when I try to type on a new Microsoft Word page, the font shows up as probably a 200 size! It prints out to this size, too. I have no luck in trying to change the font. The font started doing this maybe a month ago, but at that time I brushed the problem off, since I did not intend to use the Word program. Since then I signed up for my courses. What is wrong? Help help help
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
10/3/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist replied 10 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

I do not know what this connect remotely is exactly--I may have done it some time ago when someone overseas (got assist number from manual for computer) was supposed to be helping me with a problem of some function--the computer stayed on until midnight because he never contacted me re. the problem, and I could not shut the computer off. The computer screen made a nice strong light and my husband hit the ceiling. He finally yanked the computer cord out so we could sleep. Never did get any help from that dope. I know that is not you. But how long does such a process take? May I know before I continue?

The process can take 30 to 60 minutes. Have you tried reducing the font size from word?

Thank you for your attention to my question. However, I need to use my Word Pad right now, so I had a computer technician I know (he has successfully worked on my XP Professional in the past) but he put effort on it, and nothing would work. I know I need to upgrade with a new computer, I have known this for a while, but did not want to do it until absolutely necessary. So I will go this route. The higher ups at JustAnswer should charge me for your help;; I just decided different.

Thank you for letting us know.