Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

On 7/21/17 I bought Microsoft Office 365P for Apple. It

Customer Question
On 7/21/17 I bought...

On 7/21/17 I bought Microsoft Office 365P for Apple. It works fine. In WORD I must have erroneously pushed a button, and now every document I create has red paragraph symbols everywhere. How do I get rid of those symbols?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

I have a MacMini with Apple operating system.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I cannot find the details on operating system.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Operating sytem--MacOSSierra 10.12.6.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did this issue start?

Last 6 weeks or so

Turn off track changes

You turn Track Changes off the same way you turn it on:

Click Review > Track Changes.

Remove tracked changes

Next, permanently remove any markup in your document. The only way to do this is to accept or reject changes and delete comments.

Click Review > Next > Accept or Reject.

Word keeps or removes the change and then goes to the next one. To accept all the changes at the same time, click the arrow below Accept and click Accept All Changes.

No to Remote Assistance
Got your answer. I am not trying to get rid of red paragraph symbols in one doc. I want to eliminate the red symbols completely from my docs.

Track changes is the reason that you have the red symbols on Word.

Following the steps above will eliminate the issue!