Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My Word doc is scrolling on its own. How do I make it stop.

Customer Question
Hi.My Word doc is...

Hi.My Word doc is scrolling on its own. How do I make it stop.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

HP 15-AU030WM

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

YES

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

Its doing it on this screen as well

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/29/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is this HP computer a laptop, a desktop or an All-in-One PC?
  2. Is the scrolling happening in ALL programs you are opening? Or in MS Word only?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Laptop
All

Thank you for writing back with that information. If the page or screen is scrolling on its own, and it is a laptop computer, the problem could be with the keyboard key being stuck.

It could be the Scroll Up key, or the Arrow up key. Please check those keys and let me know if they are stuck.

They are not

Thank you for that confirmation.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($20) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess