Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am having trouble saving a document on my MacBook. When I…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble saving a document on my MacBook. When I try to save it, I get a screen saying "Word cannot save this document due to a naming or permissions error on the destination volume." What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?

MacBook Air with OS X Yosemite

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I am conducting this chat from my PC. Do I need to do this from my Mac?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/27/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Are you attempting to save the document to your computer's hard drive or to an external drive?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

To my computer's hard drive, as I have always done in the past.

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.