Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have purchased Microsoft surface laptop on sept 18 at

Customer Question
Hi I have purchased...

Hi I have purchased Microsoft surface laptop on sept 18 at Fry´s

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

They said I could have Microsoft office for free

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Model 1769 FCC ID C3K1769 IC 3048A 1769 can ices 3 B NMB 3 B

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It is MS Surface i5 Platinum 13.5 ` Measured diago asc 179853

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/23/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question. Other than the oral representation from a Fry employee,

is there any documentation that came with the laptop indicating you are entitled to the software?

I have not yet installed any updates recently.

Thank you. Did you receive a product key for Office 365 when you purchased the Surface?

no. I don´t have office 365 product key.

Here is a link to the site where you would set it up: https://setup.office.com/?ms.officeurl=setup

Microsoft does have a promotion where Surface purchasers can get a 1 year subscription for free but you

should have received some documentation related to that. Did you create a Microsoft account (e-mail address)

at time of purchase?

I just had a chat with a Microsoft Store rep and here are the details:

The following is a record of your online chat.

General Info

Chat start time September 23, 2017 2:11:55 PM EST

Chat end time September 23, 2017 2:21:59 PM EST

Duration (actual chatting time) 00:10:04

Operator Kevin U

Chat Transcript

Info: Thank you for contacting Microsoft. An agent will be with you shortly. You arecurrently 4 in line.

Info: All agents are currently assisting others. You arecurrently 1 in line. Thank you for your patience.

Info: Privacy Statement <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=267510&clcid=0x409>

Want a copy of this chat emailed to you? Click on the (+)button below.

You are now chatting with Kevin U.

Kevin U: Thank you for contacting Microsoft Store Chat!My name is***** can I help you today?

You: Is there currently a promotion for Surfacepurchasers that entitles them to 1 year of Office 365 Personal?

Kevin U:

I would be happy to help you with your Office question.We have two promotions. One is to purchase a Surface and Office together to get$20 off the price of Office

Kevin U:

The other is to get a bundle, which includes Office asone of the items, which will also be $20 off

You: So does that mean there is no 1 year subscriptionthat comes with a Surface purchase?

Kevin U:

There is no one year subscription that is included

You: Would any retailers by making that offer?

Kevin U:

There may be, I just don't have any info on who

You: OK. Thank you for your time.

Kevin U:

You're welcome!

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast