Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Cant access login screen. Startup Apple icon is normal, but…

Customer Question
Cant access login screen. Startup...
Cant access login screen. Startup Apple icon is normal, but stops before login screen. Black screen with loading bar and mouse corser in top left corner.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
This is a OSX question. Not ms office
9/20/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 8 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I need someone familiar with Apple OSX. IT happened last night. Think after a update
I can not access my computer!

Do you have recovery media or a time machine that stores disk images?

I have runned time machine backup. Tried two different, same problem. Just wont load login screen. Showing loading bar and mouse arrow in top left.

Okay do you have recovery disks?

No. Only time machine

OK you need to get recovery disks, they are best purchased from Apple.

Would you like me to source some for you?

I need to Get recovery disks? Is that your solution? Really.
Recovery functions are built in the OSX system.
Microsoft Office Technician: flopcat98, Consultant replied 8 months ago
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant

I am a different expert. i work with macs and this was in the ms office section

But there are a few things you can try before the recovery disks

The first thing to just shut it down completely

hold the power button in for a few seconds until it turns completely off

press the shift key down and holding the shift key down

press the power button to turn it on

keep holding the shift key down until it gets to the login screen

if it does not get there we may have a bigger problem than i think

if it does put in the loging

it will be in safe mode where some things are limited

but if it does get into safe mode

restart it normally in regular mode and it it may just start working

otherwise we can see if there are some things we can do in safe mode to get it to work

Safe mode does also not work. I can see the progress bar is loading about 75% and then i have the black screen with the loading wheel showing for about 3 seconds and then disappears again. After about 2 secounds the loading wheel is back again. Looks like it is stuck and cant Get any way.
flopcat98
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant