Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

I operate an older version of Excel because it still works

Hello, I operate an older version of Excel because it still works great and meets my needs. I use it heavily in my business but this weekend somehow all if not most of my spreadsheets have "entered" into a read only mode. I have checked them all under the properties tab and none of them have the "Read-only" box checked so I am at a lose to what I should do. I obviously need to modify them but cannot. What do you suggest?
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: Lenovo is the make of the computer. I could not find a Model #. But other identification on the computer was a MTM #: 57327877 and a serial #: ES13598911. Don't laugh but I am using an Excel version from 1997.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I do not recall
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should do.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Just since Monday of this week.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I cannot download office XP service pack three I continue to get an error message: 0X80096004

What is the Operating System you have this installed on?

Thanks

Kris

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I just received the pop-up message saying you could securely connected my device and fix it for me. Problem is I'm speaking to you on the laptop and the problem exists on my desktop. How do you suggest we do this?

If you open your email on your desktop you will see an email from the system and a link to this chat.

Click on it on the desktop and once your speaking to me on the desktop on the same question let me know and we can securely connect.

Do not create a new question

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok give me a few mins

Okay let me know

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
hello I am on my desktop now.

Great, what version of Windows is this?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
10
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Windows 10 Home

Let me generate that for you.. should be 5 minutes or so

Remote: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9f256489-f21d-4e62-83e0-48363bbb6ef9