Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Looking for someone very familiar with excel for help with…

Customer Question
Looking for someone very...

Looking for someone very familiar with excel for help with vlookup and simple macros

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?

Macbook pro 2012 Excel 99-2004

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your Apple? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2012. I just don't want to learn how to make this spreadsheet work, I want it to work and move on to other business issues.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I really need to show him the file to see if they can help or not.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/19/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Attach the file to this question please and tell me what you need done.

Thank you

Basically I am trying to pull information from the non-returning customer tab to different tabs based upon column A info. The 06 sheet will be for 5160 label mailmerge, the 06p is a list with just the phone numbers. Want to mechanize it so I can monthly drop the info into the non-returning customer tab, manipulate it to get rid of useless info, and then output different sheets of label addresses and phone list.1. on tab 06, E3 When those return a "O" due to no number, i need them to return a blank instead, so when I print it soesnt register.2. On tab o6 as well, on A2 i have now just did a conditional format to make it turn white, but when I print its still wanting to pring the number. Want that number to disappear as well without affecting the lookup3. On tab 06 as well, after line 102 it keeps the information there and when I go to print it just keeps printing even though it doesn't show up.Then I would like to make the output easier thru macros.

ok, what do you mean output easier through macros, please be detailed in everything you require from me here

Did you get the file? Understand the basic concept and what Im trying to fix?

ok, it is a bit more work then I have time for at the moment, I will opt out for another expert to take over.

You do not need to do anything you will be contacted when they take over

Thanks

Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 11 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

give me a few minutes to take a look at your file and see if I understand your request.

yea, i think you will need a macro to fix these issues. let me see if I can get a basic understanding of this.

You want to basically take columns B-J from the first sheet and copy them into new sheets, naming each sheet after the last 2 digits of the number in column A, and any time the last 2 digits in column A are the same it goes in that sheet?

Is that the basic concept.

i'm sorry, I must have missed your response.

Was this something you were still interested in help with?