Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

I have a corrupted excel file that I can't open. Need help,

i have a corrupted excel file that I can't open. Need help
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: dell - 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. i tried downloading some free software to fix my corrupt file and still didn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much will it cost me?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Microsoft Office Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: how long will it take.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi Dustin. Here's my scenario. My wife created an excel file using the USB. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a backup. We tried changing the extension and back again, did not work. I tried several recommendation from YouTube, can't seem to find the right answer. Went to Best buy Geek Squad, no help there either. I need to be able to open the file but it's corrupted and for some reason, it created a password ***** my wife didn't put one in. can you help?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Prior to this event, when we tried opening the file, it gave us an error code 0x80070570. We tried opening again and it said corrupt file. Dustin, my wife is checking the charges, she saw the $5 and $42? What is the $42 charge for? I thought it's $39 for remote assistance.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
What is the $42 charge?

Thanks for requesting remote assistance service. Please click HERE to start a remote desktop session with me.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Dustin, are you still there? Are we connected? Please advise.