Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have a corrupted excel file that I can't open. Need help,

i have a corrupted excel...
i have a corrupted excel file that I can't open. Need help
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: dell - 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. i tried downloading some free software to fix my corrupt file and still didn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much will it cost me?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Microsoft Office Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: how long will it take.
9/19/2017
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Hi Dustin. Here's my scenario. My wife created an excel file using the USB. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a backup. We tried changing the extension and back again, did not work. I tried several recommendation from YouTube, can't seem to find the right answer. Went to Best buy Geek Squad, no help there either. I need to be able to open the file but it's corrupted and for some reason, it created a password ***** my wife didn't put one in. can you help?
Prior to this event, when we tried opening the file, it gave us an error code 0x80070570. We tried opening again and it said corrupt file. Dustin, my wife is checking the charges, she saw the $5 and $42? What is the $42 charge for? I thought it's $39 for remote assistance.
What is the $42 charge?
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Thanks for requesting remote assistance service. Please click HERE to start a remote desktop session with me.

Dustin, are you still there? Are we connected? Please advise.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist