Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I tried to save a document on word and when I went to save…

I tried to save a...
I tried to save a document on word and when I went to save it the computer crashed. It autosaved my file so I had renamed the file and moved it to another location but when I went to save that version, word crashed again. I was wondering if there was a way to recover that file. I have the file and it says it cannot open it because it is corrupted. But I wonder if it actually saved any of my work anyways.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you attach the file please to this question and I can then see if it is possible?

Use the attach file button

Thank you

I think I just did it

you did, checking it now

Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

My ID is 127 697 094 and the password ***** *****

connecting

It still won't open. But thank you for trying

We have another thing to try

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Tell me if then it opens please

It still says the file is corrupted

Ok, it is indeed corrupted, I also ran a number of repair tools here but it will not repair.

You will need to recreate the document sorry.

Richard, Software Specialist