Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

My word document has several locations with the same

Customer Question
My word document has...

My word document has several locations with the same information. Can word insert the typed information at the other locations when entered at one location?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

I am using microsoft word 2010

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

My operating system is windows 10.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/17/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hey there! my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open, so that we do not lose contact. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will continue helping you until your question is 100% answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to.

Yes, this is absolutely doable. What you want to do is referred to as "Find and Replace". Follow the steps below to do it.

Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page. Remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

1. In Office, click on the Home tab.
  2. In the Editing group, click on Replace
  3. Insert the text you want to find
  4. Choose what you want to replace it with
  5. Click on Replace All